JUMO safetyM STB/STW Ex – Safety Temperature Limiter/Monitor According to DIN EN 14597 and ATEX Approval
- Ignition source monitoring according to EN 13463 IPL 2
- Temperature monitoring unit for monitoring potential ignition sources according to EN 50495 SIL 2
- Minimum pressure monitoring SIL 2
- Ignition protection type [Ex ia] with intrinsically safe inputs or [Ex e] with increased safety
- 1oo2D structure for a high degree of process reliability
- LCD display with background lighting and plain text display for simplified operation
- Setup program for configuration and archiving via USB interface
- Security-related limit value relay (230 V, 3 A)
- Pre-alarm absolute or adjustable as a margin from the limit value
- Voltage supply range AC 110 to 240 V +10 %/-15 % or AC/DC 20 to 30 V
- Default actual value output
- Can be configured as safety temperature limiter (STB) or safety temperature monitor (STW)
- 12 linearizations can be set
- Internal and external unlocking possible
- Approvals for DIN EN 14597, SIL, PL, ATEX, IECEx, PED
- Optional approval: DNVGL
Monitoring of potential ignition sources
This refers to:
Monitoring of operating resources that may become a potential ignition source (e.g. due to self-heating).
Expensive and time-consuming damage in the process.
Intrinsically safe input [Ex ia] according to EN 60079-11
This refers to:
Safe power restriction in the event of malfunction so that barriers are no longer needed.
The sensor can be connected directly to the STB/STW.
A possible explosion caused by sparks.
Your safety during the process.
The advantage for you:
More process reliability.
- Monitoring of painting and drying plants
- Spray plants
- Protection for grain and mill materials
- Biogas plants
- Fuse protection for sawdust silos
- Storage of flammable materials, gases, steam, or vapors
- Chemical industry
- Food industry
- Furnace construction
- Paper industry
The compact and configurable JUMO safetyM STB/STW Ex can now also enable early and reliable detection of risks in Ex areas which could potentially result in personal injuries, environmental damage, or destruction of the production plants and production materials.
The devices are available in
- 1 sensor variant
Ex II (1) (2) (3) G (b1) [Ex ia Ga] [e pz] IIC
Ex II (1) (2) (3) D (b1) [Ex ia Da] [p Dc] IIIC
- 2 sensor variant
Ex II (1) (1) (2) G (b2) [Ex ia Ga] [e py] IIC
Ex II (1) (1) (2) D (b2) [Ex ia Da] [p Db] IIIC
The primary task of safety temperature limiters is to reliably monitor thermal processes and to switch plants to a safe operational state in the event of malfunctions. Along with the existing approvals according to DIN 14597, SIL 3, PL e (Performance Level), GL, the device also has approval according to ATEX and can therefore also be used for measurements in Ex areas. However, the device itself has to be installed outside the Ex area. The inputs are intrinsically safe [Ex ia] according to EN 60079-11 so that relevant probes can be connected directly. Barriers are no longer required. The device is also certified according to DIN EN 50495 and DIN EN 13463-6 as a monitoring device for potential ignition source (iPL 2) as specified in the ATEX directive and can be used to monitor potentially explosive atmospheres containing gas or dust. The device concept also meets the stringent requirements of DIN EN 61508 and DIN EN 13849. The 1oo2D structure ensures reliable detection of faults, meaning that the device concept can also be used for applications subject to the new Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
Along with the keypad, the clear and well structured backlight display with plain text provides quick and straightforward configuration directly on the device. The clear menu structure ensures easy operation, which in turn shortens startup times. All safety relevant process values are displayed and the most important functions are shown by simple pictograms.
Please take note of our General Terms and Conditions and Clauses for Paragraph 1.4 General Terms and Conditions.
|Article number||Product description||Price of the full version|
Setup JUMO STB/STW 701150/55additional information
|price on request|